OSS COED VOLLEYBALL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Games will be Co-Ed and must consist of a minimum of 2 women on the court with a total of 6 players. Each team can consist of up to 10 players total.
- Pool play will be 2 games to 21 points, must win by 2 points.
- Top 2 teams of each pool advance to a single elimination bracket. Bracket play will consists be 2 of 3 sets to 21. 3rd game to 15. Must win by 2 points.
- Scoring is Rally scoring. Every time the ball hits the sand a point is rewarded.
- Each side is permitted maximum of 3 contacts with the ball.
- Servers get 2 tosses per serve if needed.
- Players must keep arms locked when passing the volleyball.
- If ball touches the line, ball is IN. If the ball touches antenna, ball is OUT. If the ball touches the net at any time, ball is still live.
- Teams switch sides after every set.
- Players must rotate after each point is scored.
- Any time a player touches the net it is a violation and point for the other team.
Players may play for only one team on the day of the tournament.
Waivers will be required for every player. Before their team’s first game, every player needs to check in and sign a waiver. Waivers can be signed ahead of time online but every player still needs to check in. At check in each player will be given a wristband which they must wear to be an eligible player.
Players must be at least 14 years of age. Players under 18 years of age must have parental consent on their waiver.
Volleyballs will be provided by the Houston Sportsplex
No metal spikes.
The game will be called by the umpires hired by Houston Sportsplex. All judgment decisions are final. Only captains may contest calls. Any excessive disagreements will result in an ejection from the game and/or tournament if deemed necessary by HSP staff.
Umps will assist in the tracking of the score
It is the responsibility of both teams to maintain their respective line-ups and scores each inning.
10 minutes after scheduled start of game.